Why is kale so lovely? Well, technically speaking, it packs in more nutrition than practically any other whole food. A cup and change comes with 14% of your daily calcium, 659% of daily vitamin A and more than 900% of your daily vitamin K! Cooked kale offers more iron per ounce than beef! The vibrant green should clue you in about just how nutrient-dense it is. Plus….it’s beautiful to look at!! Everyone knows that kale is a super food, probably the most amazing one! I get Kale in my vegetable delivery every week and if I can’t get to eating all of it, I freeze it fresh for smoothies. Here a some of my fave kale recipes, and I hope you’ll find kale to be more than tough, bitter salad greens. A lot of these recipes can be used to sneak those leafy greens into your kids’ bellies. Once you try these recipes, your view of kale will change and you’ll fall in love with eating it!
Note: the recipes below are recipes that I’ve stumbled upon over the years and are created from other bloggers, but recipes I use pretty often. Just giving credit where credit is due!
Irresistible Kale Salads
- The Best Shredded Kale Salad
- Superfood Kale Caesar Salad
- Shredded Kale and Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Spicy Kale and Quinoa Black Bean Salad
- Kale and Quinoa Salad with a Lemon Vinigarette
- Pomegranate Kale Salad
- Garlic, Kale and Brown Rice Salad
- Kale Pizza Crust
- Kale and Feta One Pot Pasta
- Kale and Sweet Potato Grilled Cheese
- Spicy Peanut Kale and Portobello Rice Bowl
- Garlicky Vegan Kale Burgers
- Slow Cooker Tomato, Kale and Quinoa Soup